Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The 5'0 Dreamer



Day 2: Envision 

So something I have been absolutely procrastinating about doing is making a vision board. I have seen it on Pinterest, heard people talk about it, and my friends have done it. I knew that it would be something that I could benefit from,but again it took me so long to get started. So guess what I did today? Made me a vision board. :) This post is about visions, dreaming, striving towards your goals with the help of a vision board.  I'm going to cover the 3 most important reasons why I feel it's important to have a vision board. Let's go.

3. They are so much fun to do. 

Who didn't love arts and crafts in elementary school? I sure did. I enjoyed spending time looking through magazines and scoping out words that popped out to me and pictures that expressed my emotions. I saw a gorgeous wedding dress, saw ways I want to relieve stress, and a nice big salad to motivate me and my healthy lifestyle. I loved it. It was kind of liberating for me. I felt like I was doing something amazing for myself and I absolutely enjoyed it.

2. Create your own future. 

Making a vision board allows me to create my own future. It sort of makes me feel like I am in control of my own destiny. I know that in the end, God has the final say, but that doesn't mean that I sit around and remain idle, knowing that I have goals I want to reach. Ya know, places I want to go. So in my future I see a 50lbs lighter, Mental Health Therapist, married with children, with this fly style and popular blog. All of those things are expressed on my vision board. Time to get to it!

1. See it. Believe it. Achieve it. 

This one sort of ties in with #2. We as people are extremely visual. Our minds respond strongly to visual stimulation. It is very helpful to be able to look at your goals, dreams, and ideal life each day and want to work hard towards achieving it all.  It gives you a sense of hope and confidence. Makes me feel so ready to take on the world. I want to be good, no GREAT at what I do. Just all around great at life and have the most fulfilled one ever. I believe something so simple as a vision board could do that for me, and you!

So what do you need?

  • Old magazines
  • Poster board (some people use cardboard or a cork board)
  • Scissors 
  • Glue stick 
  • Tape 
  • Markers 
  • Anything else you would like to make it absolutely unique to you 
Ok so I want to hear from you. Tell me 3 goals you hope to accomplish by the end of 2015? How do you keep up with your goals and how do you feel once you reach them? 

Stay tuned tomorrow for Day 3 of R.E.A.C.H.- Adventure. I'm going to do something I've never done before and I can't wait to share. See ya soon! :)

Love, 
B


13 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I definitely need to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl they are so much fun to make! Great reminder for where we want to go in life. :)

      Delete
  2. This great! Keep up the great work and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do this. I have plenty magazines. I'll buy the rest of the supplies either this week or next week and start. I've seen lots of people do it but I never did it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!! I need to set aside some time to make myself one!
    -Steffy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steffy! Let me know when you make it! I would love to check it out. :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making a vision board is like creating a map of your future goals. Stay focus & stay on the right path to achieve those goals. Good job Bridg

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete